Meet pop culture icons and characters from classic horror movies at the 6th annual Mad Monster Party Carolina, a three-day fan convention happening March 24-26.
This year’s event has crossed the border and moved from Charlotte to the Hood Center at York Technical College in Rock Hill, S.C. (located at 375 S. Anderson Road).
There will be fun activities for your entire monster-loving family – kid-friendly activities by day and creepy grown-up fun at night! In addition, there will be vendors selling rare collectibles and memorabilia, creepy carnival rides, celebrity guests panels, monster makeup demos, photo opportunities and lots more.
Celebrity guests include:
- Billy Dee Williams from “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back”
- Bin Furuya, the original “Ultraman”
- “Night of the Living Dead” stars Judith O’Dea and Russ Streiner
- One of the last living classic monsters, Ricou Browning who played the title gillman in “The Creature from the Black Lagoon”
- Wrestling legends Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Ric Flair
- And more celebrity icons from classics like “The Lost Boys,” “The Munsters” and “Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2”
Convention hours are Friday from 6-11 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Sunday from 11a.m. - 5 p.m.
General admission cost $25 in advance or $30 at the door on Friday and Sunday, and $35 in advance or $40 at the door on Saturday. A SHRIEKend (3 day) pass cost $60 in advance or $70 at the door, and an R.I.P (really intense partyer) pass is available online for $199.
Kids 12 and under will be admitted for free with an adult.
Service Appreciation Day is Sunday, March 26. Military, police, firefighters, emergency service workers, teachers and students will receive discounted admission at the door for $13 with valid ID/proof of profession.
For more information, visit madmonster.com.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.